Independent group, Valeo is fully focused on the design, production and sake of components, integrated systems and modules for the automotive industry.
Valeo is an automotive supplier, partner to all automakers worldwide. As a technology company, Valeo proposes innovative products and systems that contribute to CO2 emissions reduction and improved vehicle performance, as well as to the development of intuitive driving. In 2014, the Group generated sales of €12.7 billion and invested over 10% of its original equipment sales in research and development. Valeo has 136 plants, 16 research centers, 34 development centers and 15 distribution platforms, and employs 81,800 people in 29 countries worldwide."
NTN-SNR designs develops and manufactures bearings, as well as standard and customised rotation and guidance systems. NTN-SNR supports its customers everyday and ensures the complete management of the life cycle of its products (Product Life Cycle Management) offering:
- Sophisticated solutions
- Installation, operational monitoring & maintenance services.
NTN-SNR covers three major markets: automotive, industry and aeronautics, with divisions dedicated to manufacturers (OEM - original equipment manufacturers), and end users and spare part dealers (MRO - maintenance, repair and overhaul, Aftermarket/Distribution).
NTN-SNR has established itself as an expert & as an innovative leader
- World N°1 in bearings designed for the construction machinery sector (industry)
- N°1 in Europe for wheel bearings (automotive)
- NTN-SNR has been collaborating with the major companies in the aviation industry for more than 50 years. We have contributed to many new programmes, such as the engines on all new single-aisle aircraft (A320neo, B737 MAX…) and AW189 and H175 helicopters
NTN-SNR is the European branch of NTN Corporation (bearings' leader) offering solutions in Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
IREIS – Research Institute on Surface Engineering (50 employees / 18 researchers) is the R&D subsidiary of the HEF Group, a leading industrial company in surface engineering and surface treatment (1850 employees – 181 M€ turnover over 20 countries worldwide).
IREIS provides a wide range of services from R&D up-to industrial development in areas such as materials (substrates & coatings), processes (from surface preparation up to the final treatment); design of PACVD equipment’s.
IREIS is divided in 3 departments :
- Vaccum deposition PVD/PECVD processes: equipped with over 10 coating machines enabling the enhancement of tribological properties (e.g. carbon-based coatings such as DLC…) as well as mechanical, electrical and optical properties.
- Laser Micro-texturing: based on femtosecond laser technology enabling 3D structuration of surfaces.
- Tribology testing : more than 2500 cumulated research studies / equipped with around 25 tribological test benches covering a wide range of systems.
HUTCHINSON at Segré is a company of the Oil Seal Division of HUTCHINSON Group (TOTAL Group). HUTCHINSON is specialized in the rubber processing and currently accounts 800 employees. Thanks to its experience of 50 years, HUTCHINSON is a worldwide leader in the sector of dynamic sealing and magnetic coding. Especially HUTCHINSON designs and produces:
- Shaft seals for engine and gearbox applications
- Bearing seals
- Hydraulic pistons for automatic gearbox application
- Magnetic encoder to measure the rotational speeds or the positions for engine, gearbox and bearings applications
Total Lubrifiants, fifth lubricants manufacturer in the world, gives priority to innovation through three own Research centers (Solaize – near Lyon, Le Havre and Mumbai in India). Professionalism of the technical teams and regular efforts in R&D of Total have the main objectives:
- Contribute to the development of mineral and synthetic basestocks, and of lubricants for automotive, marine and industrial applications, in link with the latest technological evolutions.
- Drive long term and strategic research in order to take position on future technologies, thanks to competencies in formulation, tribology and mechanical engineering.
In the frame of the project REDHV+, contributions of Total are:
- Supply of lubricants for all the demonstrators,
- Development of innovative technologies to reduce friction,
- Technical support to various labs for modeling and understanding of phenomenons which generate losses.
REDEX is a high-technology group with a strong international focus (90% of sales outside France, to more than 50 countries). At the heart of 3 service centers, 7 subsidiaries and a large network of highly skilled agents, REDEX is offering to its customers and partners an exceptional level of service all around the world. The European identity of the REDEX Group was strengthened by the integration of BÜHLER, a renowned German specialist for the production of high precision rolling mills.
REDEX offers a range of products and technical expertise fully dedicated to high-tech gearing and high technology industries. Its global products portfolio includes highly technical products ranging from pre-loaded machine tool axis drives, to precision wire rolling mills, as well as complete mechatronic assemblies such as high torque milling spindles.
With more than 160 years of combined know-how in its industrial specialties, the Group operates several dozen active patents and reinvests an average of 8% of its € 50 million annual turnover in innovation and R & D.
Several partnerships established with universities, research centers, and suppliers of the most renowned high-tech components have enabled REDEX to be the source of innovative concepts in all its specialties.
As a public post-secondary education institution, Supméca trains mechanical engineers with a strong scientific and technical culture, renowned for their competency and skills in numerical engineering, design and manufacturing. Supméca’s research is made Mainly in Quartz Laboratory.
The main themes of research in Supméca are :
- Tribology and material. A research team whose work features as part of energy savings, reduction of friction, material saving thanks to minimization of material wear or optimization of material properties.
- Vibroacoustic and Structure. This field is oriented towards vibratory and acoustic analysis of mechanical systems and materials part of it, in a concern of vibrations and noise reductions.
- Computational engineering. This field gathers tools and methodology associated with the study (design and simulation) of product and process, and the management of information and data of product life cycle.
INSA Lyon, founded in 1957, is a leading engineering university in Europe which offers top quality training to 4,500 students (5-year post Bac/A-levels Masters programmes) in 12 different engineering specialities. INSA Lyon is home for 22 research laboratories with more than 600 researchers and teachers, 650 PhD students and is involved in more than 1000 industrial contracts each year.
LaMCoS is an internationally recognised INSA Lyon-CNRS joint laboratory focused on Contact and Structural Mechanics. It is particularly active in tribology, fast dynamics, vibrations, control, rotating machinery, mechanical transmissions and deep-drawing. LaMCoS is involved in many national and European contracts, organises world-class international conferences in its research fields and currently hosts several industrials chairs.
ECAM Lyon is a French top graduate school of engineering founded on merit, scientific rigor and human values. For over 115 years, ECAM Lyon has provided a multi-disciplinary engineering program. Its history reflects the quality of its teaching. ECAM Lyon combines a scientific & technical high expertise to a human and social approach and an international dimension in all programs. ECAM Lyon’s main goal is to train engineers by combining technical expertise and ethical awareness.
The school research centre, called LabECAM, is organized around two main topics: energy efficiency projects and microstructural modification of materials. In the area of energy efficiency projects, the LabECAM’s team works especially on the thermal modeling of gear units.
As the leading French player in the fields of mechanical engineering innovation and R&D, Cetim has built up a wide network of partners. Its engineers and technicians operate in more than 30 countries each year.
R&D function is carried out either within specific sectors or cutting across sector boundaries, and within either a national or an international context. It embraces a range of complementary aspects, including prospective studies in conjunction with international scientific communities, R&D concerning all areas of mechanical engineering, industry-specific studies and projects, and the large-scale federative technological projects.
Cetim provides a comprehensive array of services to the mechanical engineering industry from consulting to testing and from engineering to training in new skills.
Cetim is a member of the Carnot institutes network.